Monday, March 28, 2011

Hupernikon early sketches 2

Another Hupernikon early concept. This is my attempt in designing a steampunk style giant robot that could transform into a locomotive. I'm aiming for a more complex transformation but that kind of design definitely takes time to develop.



The concept and aesthetics of this robot was inspired by Australian legendary outlaw Ned Kelly. Wiki that to find out. Basically Ned was a bushranger outlaw fighting against the Victorian police all dressed up in homemade plate armour. 

 
I named this robot I.O. short for 'Iron Outlaw'. So far the Ned Kelly look is somewhat buried under the clutter of steampunk bells and whistles detailing, so I guess the next step is to minimize them. Probably need to make the head design as close to NK's helm too.

No comments:

Post a Comment